Energean is an independent E&P company focused on developing resources in the Mediterranean and UK North Sea. With presence in nine countries Energean is operating production, development and exploration assets with an excellent HSE track record.
The company has an approximately 70% gas weighted portfolio with more than 800 MMboe 2P reserves and 2C resources and our flagship development assets are the multi-tcf Karish, Karish North and Tanin gas fields, offshore Israel.
Energean is committed to sustainable development and to be a net zero emitter by 2050 contributing to the global net zero target. The company also strives to meet United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals through its day-to-day operations and a wide range of corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Being an equal opportunity employer and valuing diversity Energean does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Energean is seeking to employ an Electronics Technician for our offshore facility in Israel. The Electronics Technician will perform the required inspection, maintenance and repairs of the Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s) and Marine related electrical/electronic systems associated with FPSO operations to meet the planning, scheduling and priorities of the FPSO whilst ensuring work is performed effectively, efficiently and safely and in accordance with the required procedures.
• Report any defect or inspection report to relevant Team Leader in a clear and concise manner and record all relevant information in logs as required.
• Actively participate in meetings, planning, initiatives etc.
• Safety related equipment is supplied and installed correctly with any deficiencies identified as early as possible to allow timely rectification.
• Maintain complete and accurate records within the Maintenance Management System
• Adhere to all legislative, environmental and company standards and procedures and checklists.
• Ensure critical spares are available and any discrepancies are addressed
• Ensures the required supply of spare parts is available, prepares and requisitions items required.
• Maintains good housekeeping conditions in workshop and work sites
• Ensure effective systems are maintained for the identification, assessment and control of significant environmental risks at site.
• Responsible for weekly monitoring checks on safety and production critical equipment, reporting any deviation of set parameters and raise work orders in client’s maintenance management system.
• Maintain effective communication with Supervisors and other work groups.
• Carry out major services, overhauls, intrusive maintenance, fault finding and diagnostic checks on VFD’s and Marine electrical/electronic equipment ensuring any repairs are addressed promptly.
• Provide technical instruction and guidance to ad hoc personnel and new team members
• Participate in HSEQ activities to make sure that risks are understood and controlled to highest level possible.
• Participate and actively encourage a ONE TEAM approach for the O&M crew and the third party contractors staff that will be part of the core team make up.
• Responding to out of hours call-outs as requested
• Be part of the Emergency Response Team
• Participating in incident investigations as required
Qualifications and Experience:
• Completed recognized Electrical Apprenticeship.
• SVQ3 – Electrical Maintenance and Systems.
• Current COMPEX certification.
• BOSIET / MEDICAL / MIST training
• Emergency Response Team
• Previous offshore oil and gas experience, preferably working on an FPSO
• SVQ3 – Electrical Maintenance and Systems
• Current COMPEX certification
• Experience in topsides and marine electrical systems. Power Generation, Turbines, UPS Systems, HV/LV switchgear, networks and power management, Motors, Lighting and VAV Aids.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Electrical & Control Systems
• Experience of working within the strict limitations of a Permit to Work system
• Good communication, team working and coaching skills.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Maintenance Process practices
• Able to read and work from engineering/vendor drawings
• Knowledge of hazardous area classification is required.
• HV / MV / LV Switching and Protection systems
Please apply online by hitting the ‘Apply’ button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Energean recruitment team and no agency contact is required.