Energean is an independent E&P company focused on developing resources in the Mediterranean and UK North Sea. With presence in nine countries Energean is operating production, development and exploration assets with an excellent HSE track record.
The company has an approximately 70% gas weighted portfolio with more than 800 MMboe 2P reserves and 2C resources and our flagship development assets are the multi-tcf Karish, Karish North and Tanin gas fields, offshore Israel.
Energean is committed to sustainable development and to be a net zero emitter by 2050 contributing to the global net zero target. The company also strives to meet United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals through its day-to-day operations and a wide range of corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Being an equal opportunity employer and valuing diversity Energean does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
The Health & Safety Engineer is responsible for supporting and focused on the overall Energean Israel Technical Health & Safety activities and objectives. This is position located at Energean Haifa Office in Israel.
• Conducting internal Health, Safety and Compliance audits Onshore and Offshore as per the approved HSE audit plan, include monitoring submission of corrective action plan and closeout of audit findings.
• Responsible for monitoring and analyzing trends to pinpoint potential enhancements, to ensure achievement of Energean’s HSE performance targets.
• Maintain familiarity with all Energean HSE procedures and policies.
• Take active participation / lead Safety and Process Upset incidents investigations, provide Root Cause Analysis, effective and sustainable corrective actions and relevant lessons learned that can be leveraged across the organization.
• Participate when required in process hazard analysis (PHA) safety activities such as quantitative risk assessment (QRA), HAZID, HAZOP, and LOPA workshops.
• Perform process safety risk assessments for emerging issues and develop mitigation plans.
• Provide expertise in process safety and practical experience to identify and guide improvements, ensuring the adoption of best practices and sustainable work processes.
• Coach leaders on process safety fundamentals, risk management, safe behaviours and process safety culture.
• Support governance of process safety processes, standards and performance by developing and reporting key performance indicators, trending and analysing incidents and other data, participating in audits and other assurance activities
• Develop and deliver training and presentations to enhance process safety knowledge, hazard awareness, foster a sense of chronic unease, and support continuous learning.
• Assist in relevant procedures review when required.
• Participate in meetings as required.
• Monitor onshore and offshore compliance with Energean’s HSE Management Systems and provide regular feedback to Israel Head of HSE.
• Provide clear communication to and open discussion with the onshore and offshore HSE teams on HSE concerns, trends and initiatives and incident investigations.
• Assist in planning and executing emergency drills as required.
• Evaluate all observations cards and ensure learnings are shared to mitigate potential hazards.
• Support Energean POWER FPSO Report on Major Hazards (RoMH)
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering field (i.e., Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering etc.)
• Master of Science (MSc) in Engineering field (advantage)
• Previous professional experience in similar position
• Trained, competent and certified Lead Auditor: ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 (preferable)
• RCA –Accidents / Incident Investigation training.
• Human Factors Analysis Tools- incident investigation.
• Fluent in Hebrew and English is mandatory (any other languages are an advantage)
• Experience as safety engineer
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
• Previous experience with HSE MS and Environmental MS
• Experience with HSE & Audit procedures
• Experience with HSE Software (i.e. Synergi Life)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
• Systematic and analytical approach to management of change and associated procedures.
• Ability to transform problems into a solution with achievable outcome.
• IT literate with proficiency in word processing, report writing and delivering presentations
• Commitment to continuous improvement.
• Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
• Clear written and verbal communications.
• Trustworthy and approachable.
• Knowledge of Israeli regulations
• Knowledge of EU Offshore Safety Directive (preferable)
• Fire and Gas safety
• Barrier management
• Able to deliver high quality deliverables on time
• Able to travel offshore as required
Please apply online by hitting the ‘Apply’ button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Energean recruitment team and no agency contact is required.