In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for a Joint Venture Accountant to join our team within Vistry Northern Home Counties, at our Milton Keynes Office. As our Joint Venture Accountant, you will be responsible for managing the joint venture activities for the Region, supporting the Regional Finance Director and Team in providing financial and commercial analysis. Developing and managing excellent relationships with our joint venture partners. Assisting in the provision of internal and external reporting and financial control, focussed on joint venture activities for the Northern Home Counties business unit.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Strong academic record
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Experience of working in a finance team
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong mathematical and IT skills
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to explain technical financial information clearly to non-finance people
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to communicate to individuals at all levels and build strong working relationships across disciplines
- Good team working skills
- Experience working in a similar role particularly for a residential housebuilder
- Knowledge of the housebuilding industry
- Joint Venture experience
- Experience using COINS (ERP system)
- Experience using ANAPLAN (ERP system)
More about the Joint Venture Accountant role…
- Production of joint venture budgets, forecasts and monthly management accounts to deadlines.
- Preparation of reports for JV Board Packs.
- Distributing sales forecast updates and preparation of adhoc reporting such as covenant compliance, occupations for S106 and plot stage updates
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with joint venture partners through regular updates and communication
- Preparation of weekly cashflow forecasts and managing funding reuiqments with partners, including loan facility administration
- Completion of monthly management information relating to our joint venture activities, including full balance sheet reconciliations.
- Monitor performance against management plans to ensure that all results, trends and risks are clearly understood and communicated.
- Work closely with commercial team to ensure forecasts are accurate and reconciled to ledgers and financial forecasts. Challenge the information provided and identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Work with external advisors, cost consultants to facilitate regular draw down of costs
- Responding to year end and interim audit queries and working with Group statutory team to ensure timely filing of JV financial statements.
- Control of joint venture overheads and raising of accruals, prepayments, work in progress drawdowns and relevant journals.
- Raising Sales invoices and chasing and reporting of outstanding debtors.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Building 7,Caldecotte Lake Business Park, Milton Keynes, MK7 8JU