In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join our team within Vistry Works East Midlands, at our Bardon factory in Coalville, Leicestershire. As our Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that all machinery is in correct working order and escalating where appropriate any concerns which may affect productivity. You will be taking care of an array of machinery and ensuring that all minor maintenance repairs are carried out, within a manufacturing plant producing modular timber frame panels.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Previous experience working with CNC woodworking machinery would be highly desirable.
- HNC / ONC in Mechanical Engineering
- NVQ Level 3 Mechanical Engineering
More about the Maintenance Engineer role…
- You will be an experienced Maintenance Engineer, with a proven track record of being able to carry out minor maintenance work on a variety of machinery.
- You will have previous experience of working in a manufacturing plant ensuring that repairs are carried out correctly and safely, ideally in a timber frame environment.
- You will have a thorough understanding of process improvement by being able to monitor and improve efficiencies within the engineering team, with a specific focus on planned preventative maintenance.
- You will be responsible for scheduling and undertaking planned preventative maintenance tasks on all machinery used within the factory, including blade/cutter changes on different pieces of machinery
- You will work closely with the health and safety department, ensuring compliance and adherence to all relevant policies and procedures at all times
- You will be required to resolve mechanical breakdowns on all equipment within the production area quickly and efficiently, with the safety and wellbeing of our people being our key priority
- You will undertake specific project work as directed by your line manager on an ad hoc basis
- You will be responsible for monitoring the air handling plant and resolving any breakdowns with the plant as is necessary
- You will provide engineering support to other production departments or site services as required by the needs of the business
- You will be required to carry out any other reasonable request as directed by your line manager, or other members of senior management in the business
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Bardon II Unit 2,Victoria Road, Coalville, LE67 1FA