Energean is an independent E&P company focused on developing resources in the Mediterranean and UK North Sea. With presence in nine countries Energean is operating production, development and exploration assets with an excellent HSE track record.
The company has an approximately 70% gas weighted portfolio with more than 800 MMboe 2P reserves and 2C resources and our flagship development assets are the multi-tcf Karish, Karish North and Tanin gas fields, offshore Israel.
Energean is committed to sustainable development and to be a net zero emitter by 2050 contributing to the global net zero target. The company also strives to meet United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals through its day-to-day operations and a wide range of corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Being an equal opportunity employer and valuing diversity Energean does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Energean is seeking to employ Mechanic Technician for our offshore facility in Israel. The Energean Mechanic Technician is responsible to carry out all required maintenance and fault finding activities on the project’s mechanical / rotating equipment in a safe, timely and competent manner.
Maintain compliance with all aspects of the FPSO HSE requirements, including CoW and maintenance /technical integrity management tools.
• Carry out routine planned maintenance on all areas of mechanical and rotating equipment
• Investigate and repair mechanical and rotating defects or breakdown and advice Team Lead of status.
• The safe condition of all machinery and that it is operated in a safe manner and that all operations are carried out according to correct and safe procedures as directed
• Ensures the installation, testing and maintenance of mechanical equipment is conducted in accordance with Company requirements and statutory Government standards.
• Ensures the required supplies of spare parts are available, prepares and requisitions items required.
• Assist in the future, development mentoring and competency sign off of technician trainees
• Maintains and updates records and reports
• Maintains good housekeeping conditions in workshop and work sites
• Check out work covered by commissioning/acceptance documentation to ensure systems are as outlined/operational and signs documentation to this effect
• Required to assist and work with other disciplines when required, where multi-skilling within a team culture is a major area of development on the platform.
• Respond to equipment breakdowns and ensure work is executed in line with Energean Permit to Work system.
• Preparing reports on all mechanical maintenance / repair works carried out.
• Carry out other general duties as requested; e.g. valve maintenance, repairs and recertification.
• Carry out condition monitoring tasks.
• Assist with the implementation of the Offshore Technical Integrity strategy.
• Assist and work with specialised vendors who visit platform, ensure that all tasks are completed correctly and safely, also ensure that a site report is written and recorded on the platform maintenance database
• Ability to interpret /mark-up of technical drawings.
• In conjunction with your supervisor progress and complete training plans as identified by your annual appraisal and competency matrix.
• Minimise wastage in all areas of work e.g. un-used materials returned to stock
• Complete appropriate training as a member of the helideck crew.
• Act as part of the Emergency Response Team as required.
• Rigger, Banksman and Slinger duties
Qualifications and Experience:
• Technical apprenticeship or an equivalent training scheme
• Level 3 VQ – Mechanical Maintenance
• City & Guilds Competence in Process Plant & Equipment Isolations – would be an advantage
• BOSIET / MEDICAL / MIST training – would be an advantage
• Previous experience in operations & maintenance role (upstream or downstream)
• Offshore experience preferred but not essential
• Experience of major project commissioning (desirable)
• Experience of major project operational readiness inclusive of maintenance build.(desirable)
• Systematic and analytical approach to management of change and associated procedures.
• Ability to transform problems into a solutions with achievable outcome.
• Good knowledge of SIEMENS Gas Turbines, Centrifugal Gas Compressors and General Process Plant
Please apply online by hitting the ‘Apply’ button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Energean recruitment team and no agency contact is required.