In a Nutshell…
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team within Vistry South East, at our site in Polegate, East Sussex. As our Project Manager you will have direct line responsibility for directly employed Site Managers, Assistant Site Managers and Trainee Site Managers. You will ensure that allocated projects are completed in an effective, economic manner and to a high-quality standard complying with the Company Procedures and the client’s requirements. Thereby ensuring the procurement of repeat business from the Client. To directly control outputs across the site in multiple phases, taking ultimate responsibility for all works on site. The successful candidate will have a reputation for integrity, maturity and sound business judgement and be totally comfortable leading and working in a team environment.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Construction-related academic qualification; BSc, or HNC or time-served tradesperson with proven track record in Site Management
- Member of relevant Professional Institute (or be working towards) – preferable
- 5-day SMSTS
- Hold current first aid certification
- Hold appropriate CSCS card
- Scaffold inspection qualification – preferable
- Certified Asbestos knowledge
- Clean driving license
- Temporary works Supervisor
- IT experience
- Residential construction experience; low-rise or multi-residential – traditional build.
- Strong and resilient character, capable of maintaining focus and direction under pressure
- Good communication verbally and in written form.
- Capable of using basic IT; Outlook, Word. Also capable of using 4Projects after training
- Present a clean and tidy site at all times and have a good understanding of the Considerate Constructors Scheme requirements to achieve high scores.
- Knowledge of NHBC standards and best practice
- Capable of monitoring and controlling material stock and plant requirements
- Asbestos training
- Demolition works
- the Project Manager must be a proven operational, team player who can set direction and delivery within challenging market conditions.
More about the Project Manager role…
- Establish a formal basis of Project co-ordination with other parties involved and to agree formal communication with the professional team.
- Thorough examination of the Contract Documents and drawings and ensure action is taken on errors and variations.
- Responsible for co-ordinating tasks, in coaching and checking the operatives progress, motivate and energise the team establishing a clear vision and strong communication.
- To chair and lead regular Sub-Contract Review meetings to monitor progress against programme and ensure HSE and quality compliance, safety compliance. To regularly review all works that are in progress.
- The formulation and communication of Short-Term Programmes, record ‘As Built’ programmes weekly and completion of Weekly Progress Reports for the clients.
- You will determine methods and programmes for the contract and authorise critical methods and programmes, set targets for site teams and for the Site Manager personally. To arrange guidance and assistance for the Site Manager where necessary. Ensuring the programming and control is operating effectively on every site and being reported correctly to Head Office.
- To regulate and control the works to the specified standards at the forecast profitability or better
- Obtain sufficient information regularly to assess profitability and determine action required, if at a variance.
- Ensure the safe working practices are adopted and followed throughout the Company by regularly inspecting all works in progress specifically to ensure all safety regulations are being followed. Thoroughly investigate any accident and take steps to avoid re-occurrence.
- Actively manage and comply with the Company’s quality procedures, regularly audit sites to ensure the site team are complying with their allotted procedures.
- Develop and foster collaborative working relationships with the Client, Client’s Representatives, Supply Chain and internal teams.
- Complete the scheme in line with the target programme
- Contribution to SMR Reports and Board Papers via the Operations Manager
- Progress: Contract and Target Programmes
- Procurement and Design schedules aligned to programme.
- KPI and audit data e.g. CCS scores
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Linden House,Guards Avenue, Caterham, CR3 5XL