In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for a Site Manager to join our team within Vistry Kent, at our Bexhill, East Sussex. As our Site Manager, you will be responsible for effectively motivating, supporting, and managing the site-based team to ensure that the required health, safety and environmental performance standards are achieved. To achieve the programme and quality requirements. To promote the importance of customer relationships to the site-based team to include directly employed and sub-contracted staff.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme – up to £3000
- Support with a professional membership
- Denplan, GymFlex and many more…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- CSCS card at Site Manager level
- Valid SMSTS certificate
- Full UK Driving License
- BTEC diploma in Building Construction or NVQ Level 3 or 4 or similar
- 5 years as a Site Manager
- Ability to chair and run meetings
- Proven track record of motivating staff and managing a site effectively
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation
- Able to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ideally from a NHBC PIJ winning Team.
- Strong NHBC record, CQR, RIs and defect prevention
- exceptional health and safety record
- good sales and build relations
- Experience in housebuilding
More about this job…
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager & Area Build Manager, prepare the master build programme and review and revise in line with budget requirements.
- Monitor progress of the build programme to ensure construction methods and timescales are met and take corrective action to bring progress back in line with programme.
- Agree and manage the equipment, plant, staffing and sub-contract requirements for the site.
- Respond to all queries from trades and action accordingly.
- Manage the recruitment and induction of new employees in line with Company best practice guide.
- Conduct half yearly and annual appraisals with staff and liaise with Group HR to address development needs.
- Monitor the performance and effectiveness of direct reports
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group – we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us – we will always be happy to help.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: 11 Tower View,Kings Hill, West Malling, ME19 4UY