*£500 Welcome Bonus *£1000 Recommend A Friend Bonus!
Introducing Our Brand-New Children's Learning Disabilities Service
About the Service
At Inspire we are proud to announce the opening of our brand-new Children's Learning Disabilities service. We are on a mission to provide exceptional care, support, and opportunities for children with learning disabilities, and we are looking for dedicated Support Workers to join our team.
Our newest addition to the Inspire family is an 8 bedded service which specialises in delivering exceptional care and unwavering support to children and young people, both male and female, who bring with them unique challenges, including physical disabilities, learning difficulties, and complex health conditions.
We take pride in our commitment to providing comprehensive care and support on a medium to long-term basis, catering to the needs of children and young people ranging from the ages of 4 to 18.
Inspire provide care and support to children and young people between the ages of 3-18 years with a range of difficulties, such as learning difficulties, complex health needs, physical disabilities, attachment difficulties and life-limiting conditions. Inspire is part of the CareTech Family. Established in 1993, CareTech is a leading nationwide social care provider delivering a package of high quality, individually tailored care and support solutions to children, young people, and adults across the UK
We hold a belief that no child should be disadvantaged and that all children are part of the community, enjoying all that this offers including celebrations, events and fundraising.
In your new role you will:
- Attend to practical matters in relation to our Children & Young People which may include all aspects of personal care and upkeep of personal equipment
- Ensure that children are ready and prepared for school and you are part of their learning journey
- Establish positive relationships with young people and always offering them nurturing unconditional and positive delivery of care
- Meet the physical, emotional, behavioural, cultural and educational needs of young people
- Undertake child specific training such as Peg feeding, specific health needs and medication competencies including rescue medication
- Act as a role model by demonstrating appropriate pro-social ways of managing behaviours associated with diagnosis i.e. autism
- Support children to not be disadvantaged and find alternative solutions to ensuring and all-inclusive lifestyle.
- Provide care guidance and support on a 1:1 basis to enable young people to make safe choices using appropriate communication aids
You will ideally have:
- Good understanding of the developmental needs and milestones of young people with complex needs and or Learning disabilities
- Ability to communicate, engage and form positive relationships with young people, parent/carers and other professionals.
- Ability to produce clear and concise written reports and records of good standard and verbally present information and views.
- Driving Licence (Preferred but not essential)
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with children & Young people
- As part of this role, we offer a range of specialist training programmes to support you in your work and invest in your professional development. These include:
- Fully Paid induction programme
- Child protection training
- Full suite of e-learning modules available that provide continuous knowledge and development.
In support and recognition of our colleagues who will help us deliver our employer strategy, we offer a fantastic benefits package. This includes;
Full Time Contract
Competitive Rates of Pay
Free DBS check- Adults and Children’s barred list
*£1000 Recommend A Friend Bonus!
*£500 Welcome Bonus
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and Regulated Activity, which will include a check against the barred children’s list.
Any data received in applications will be used for recruitment purposes within Inspire and CareTech only.
Location: Sutton Coldfield, B73 5NE